Beat that! Maybe you'll say your Valentine's Day beat mine, and maybe in your opinion it did. Our's was AWESOME! Not gonna lie...I've had some good Valentine's Day in the past, and was curious to see how this one would beat those! Let me tell you---I was pleasantly surprised!
Again, not gonna lie...even though I am a lady ;) the day didn't start off the way we hoped. I was in Rockwall since the 239 inches of snow kept me there. I was able to go to my oldest nephew, Jared's, last basketball game Saturday morning. After spending some time with mom & taking care of much needed things I didn't get back to my box of love (apt.) until about 3 o'clock!
On the to do list: clean up (apt. &self), make Ry's Valentine's gift, and cook a spectacular meal...The plan was to have the boyfriend here to help me with dinner once I got started, but since I stress over perfection that didn't quite work out & conveniently enough he walked in as soon as dinner was ready...mmm hmmm ;)
So before enjoying our Chicken in a Love Nest, Ryan insisted on opening presents first...after already getting my very first pair of cowboy boots, diamond earrings, and flowers earlier this month I wasn't expected much BUT again was pleasantly surprised....Ryan built a bear for me at Build a Bear & dressed him as a fireman! Sooo cute! I finally got my charms on my bracelet & the maltese cross was added. I got Ryan that charm on a chain for Christmas so again it was perfect!!
Chicken in a Love Nest is a Rachel Ray recipe so needless to say it was FABULOUS!! Nanny made us the most perfect Valentine cake I've ever had! Strawberry cake with chocolate covered strawberries! Yum, yum, yum!!!
Yep---My gift to Ryan was homemade---cards, poems, candy...but my favorite was this poem:
Violets are Blue
Roses are Pink
You're getting new shoes
'Cause your feet stink!!
hehe...my youngest nephew, Jake, really liked that one & quoted it or versions of it often on Sunday. He's a cupid baby so we were with family on real Valentine's Day & that too could not have been more perfect! Homemade pizzas, ice cream sundaes, presents (fireman rain boots), pinata, candy, toys, and JUST DANCE!!!
This weekend was just so perfect Aerosmith's Armageddon song just kept ringing in my ears: DON'T WANT TO CLOSE MY EYES, DON'T WANT TO FALL ASLEEP 'CAUSE I'LL MISS YOU BABY & I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING!! I just didn't want it to end! So back to reality today...it was school...it was scripted & that's all I'm going to say about that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment